Using Yadle to identify files to convert

I prefer all of my audio files to be in MP3 format. But I occasionally get files in AAC or WAV formats, and I would like to find these easily to convert.

I do a Yadle search across my FCS for: #audio -#mp3

This search returns all audio format files EXCEPT those that are in MP3 format.
I tag these results as “convertToMp3”.

Now I have an easy way to find the files, I can convert over time

Can I use something similar to find files of a certain sample rate or number of channels? I have audio that is mono and low sample rate - I would like to find an remove or fix them. Thank you.

You can do this using parameter search terms like !normalized:audio.channels=2 but I recommend using the Yadle Search filters. Just to the left of the Yadle search button are 3 horizontal lines:
Screenshot from 2022-03-28 07-02-35

Click on those lines to open the search filters. Select “Audio” as the Category and you will get a panel that allows you to easily specify what types of audio files you want to search for: file format, audio channels, range of sample rates, range of bits per sample, and a range of play durations. Looks like this:

The search filters also work for images, video, document, and 3D files.

thanks. Is there a way to script this so I can automate the process of finding files that I need to work on? Is there a Yadle API?

Yes we have a RESTful API and yes, searches can be scripted. Everything you can do in the Yadle apps can also be done via a script using the API.

You can write in language of your choice - it is a REST API . Docs and code generation are available on our Postman site at https://api.yadle.com

Here is a search snippet (python) generated by Postman:

import requests
import json

url = “{{server}}/yadle/v2/search”

payload = json.dumps({
“terms”: ““New Mexico” #sony
})
headers = {
‘Authorization’: ‘{{bearer}}’,
‘Content-Type’: ‘application/json’,
‘x-app-id’: ‘{{appid}}’
}

response = requests.request(“POST”, url, headers=headers, data=payload)

print(response.text)